Sunday 16 January 2011

The past week has seemed so long, but I suppose I've been more down, after our appointment, even though omitting had changed other than kidney size.

I found a blog today though, a little boy, diagnosed at 18 weeks gestation and no fluid from 24 weeks. I was like 'SAY WHAT?!' the mum had 17 amnioinfusions for the lungs which we won't get as Ellie's lungs and chest size are normal, we had fluid in the critical periods, and the risks at this stage would outweigh the benefits I think. Anyway, he came 8 and a half weeks early, managed to go without his double nephrectomy until 5 weeks of age and his kidneys were 40 percent of his body weight!! He is now 7 years old, peritoneal dialysis and stuff from birth factored in. What a little miracle. I know the same may not be able to be said of Ellie in 7 years, every child is different but these people are getting me through the days until she comes and while I know she might die, medical advancements, NICU care, etc have come on amazingly since original statistics, doctors know more and our chances are as good as all these other people.

Played the piano last night...for fun! Not for long, I got tired but still, it's a start. I also did a bit of German, I'm quite behind so it's good the material I am doing is just revision really. I will catch up, especially if we end up in the hospital for a while. My life will just end up built round Newcastle. I'll even probably join a gym or group there once I am fit after my c section, so I can walk, rather than wasting time driving between blyth and Newcastle. I know when the time comes, I'll probably need the break every so often.

I ate lamb today only roast dinner, since I had the craving, even though I don't like lamb. Now, I do apparently! It was lovely, but I couldn't eat it all the time. My child is no veggie!

2 comments:

  1. You might not like lamb but apparantly Ellie does!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was pregnant with Lucy even the word chicken made me feel sick. i still have a bit of an aversion to it to this day....funny what kiddos do to your tastes

    ReplyDelete