Monday 17 January 2011

Another day, another doctor

So I had my psycho appointment today, lol. Henrietta, the psychologist, is lovely. We talked about what had happened so far, ARPKD, mine and Lee's relationship and the support we have, my feelings of anger and sadness and fears, etc. She said I tend to veer between logic and realism and then emotion, sort of the nurse/medical knowledge and my head fighting my heart, the mother of Ellie and it's true. I have to go back next week and keep a small feelings diary for a week. She doesn't think I'm depressed though and I agree. It's just the fear of losing my child, which an parent in my position would have.

I ordered my kidney necklace, not sure if I wrote about it, last week and said. Would get my sister one for her birthday but had to order from America. My mum said why is there nothing like that in this country, and funnily enough, I was saying to Lee, if Ellie doesn't make it, I want to make a difference and if she does, I am going to be round the house and hospital a lot so I wouldn't mind starting my own Internet/Etsy business. Of course, first you have to find your product and I'm thinking bracelets to start with. I even have ideas for the designs and things and have looked at wholesalers. The next issue is marketing...can I get people to buy them, and how? How do I make people care? I need to look into it a little bit and start small if I decide to do it, but my mum, partner and sis think it is a good idea. Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. I would buy one!!

    Seriously though, I can see how it would be difficult getting people to care about this. Most people have their "pet" causes, which tends to be something they've actually been affected by. That's why cancer charities tend to do so well... who doesn't know someone who's had cancer? (I include myself in that by the way... since my step mum died I can't walk past a cancer charity collecting tin without putting something in it). I think with Etsy the good thing is people will be browsing on there anyway, and if they like your stuff they will buy it based on that even if the specific cause means nothing to them. And if everyone you know gets everyone they know involved that's a lot of potential buyers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count on me to be one of your first customers! And I'll definitely blog about it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete