Friday 14 January 2011

Feeling human

I probably need to leave the house more often. It sort of helps normality.

I was saying today, it's weird how you never think snout your kidneys. I never thought 'I hope my kidneys don't fail', I've often thoug about heart attacks and cancer, they are in your face all the time but until renal disease affects you, it isn't something you consider.

Talk about bizarre. Went to Asda with my mum and sister and we ran into Theresa, the ice cream lady. My mum asked if she still had the ice cream van and she said she'd been off for 7 months after her, wait for it, kidney transplant! We told her Ellie needed one as she had PKD and she couldn't believe it as that's what her, her brother and dad have. Right on my own doorstep! Obviously, they have the dominant kind. And yet, I'd never heard of it before Ellie. So weird! At least when I do charity stuff in the future I know somebody with a small business who may give small sponsorship so I can raise awareness and things. I'm going to donate Ellie's kidneys to the university whenever they remove them and Prof Robson who I believe is in charge of a lot of that stuff.

Now I'm off to read trashy mags and at crap while corrie is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment