Wednesday 5 January 2011

Happy Birthday to Stephen Schwartz!

I am praying like there's no tomorrow. What a good day so far. And to come out crying! I know he is fighting for life but in the first instance, Lindsey and Billy were given a bleak prognosis and now here Stephen is in the world, fighting, despite small chest measurements, anhydramnios, enlarged kidneys, the whole shebang. I wish I was there to kiss them all! (I could have danced all night is stuck in my head believe it or not). Here we are, Ellie, has a normal size chest, had fluid for longer and her kidneys aren't that big yet (at nearly 31 weeks, still about 4.something mm). Between Stephen and Andrew and other stories I've heard, we have a reason to believe.

Furthermore, the midwife palpated me 3 times today and is convinced Ellie is cephalic. When she first said, we were like 'No, she can't be' but I guess she knows her job. Dr Sturgiss was convinced she wouldn't turn with no fluid! She truly is her mother's daughter, defiance until the end haha. She will maybe turn again or the mdiwife could have made a mistake but I'm not sure. She was kicking loads down low last night but like Lee says, that could have been the turning OR her fists. Even better, my fundal height was 30 and a bit, perfect....WITH NO FLUID! Ruth (MW) couldn't believe it when I said we have zero fluid, she said it didn't feel like anhydramnios. I told her, definately, and we saw with our own eyes on New Year's eve, nada in the way of fluid. Might be because my placenta is on the front.

You learn to take happiness where you can get it with prenatal ARPKD, I have found in the past 3 weeks (and 11 weeks of strain and worry) but today it was handed to me on a plate.

The night before our last Dr McKenzie appointment (before ARPKD), I had nightmares all night about things being bad and her saying the baby was going to die and things were terrible. Last week, before our appt. with Dr Sturgiss, I had dreams where he said we had to terminate, etc, and he did offer us termination for the second time (won't be offered again unless we wanted it. As if with upto 80% chance but the man was only doing his job and is an outstanding consultant) and last night I had dreams all through the night about Ellie being in NICU, she struggled at first but she got there. I had two other dreams in January 2010 that turned into prophecy dreams too so I am hoping, if psychic abilities exist, that last night's dream comes true. It sounds terrible to most people: 'I hope my child goes to NICU then we become RVI parents'. That is what we are striving for! If we never go on holiday, get married, have decent careers, who cares as long as we have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment