Saturday 14 May 2011

Day out

We went to the metro centre today which is cool but always hard what with all the new mums, pregnant women and mother care. Lee bought me 2 new writing sets though so allnis well. I also saw the Oxford handbook of genetics which I mega want but it was £30.99 and it's only £23 online. It even has ARPKD in, which is awesome as it's mega rare.

Really daunted about the prospect of writing a personal statement but my friend is going to help. I'm planning to have all my unit 1s learned by August. It's amazing what you pick up and learn just while making notes which is weird because I don't actively read when taking note, I just the see the words and write them but some of it processes.

I've been thinking a bit more lately about the hospital and what happened there with Ellie. It's always hard to think about...I stood a stroked my daughter's hair and held her hand, knowing I was taking her to die. There was no other option, I know that, and I did what any good parent would in our position but it doesn't make it easier. I knew I wouldn't be bringing a baby home, but I still ache. It wasn't a shock but you never realise quite how much you love your child til the minute they are born. I think I really fell in love with her at 28 weeks when we knew about the ARPKD, and I could feel her back and all sorts with the lack of fluid but when she was born, that was it, I was spoilt for all others. Nobody really compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment