Wednesday 16 February 2011

Thank you Ellie

I got in the shower just before and our wardrobes are the sliding door mirror ones, so stripping down I looked at myself properly for the first time naked. Before I was pregnant, I had crept up to a size 12, I thought my belly was huge, my thighs were massive, chunky ankles and I was so miserable. Then, pregnant, I loved my bump but panicked about afterwards, even though I only put on 2 stone. I was so worried about how I would look. Anyway, today, I looked and right now, I  am a size 14 and I felt like Cheryl Cole! I have a giant slice through my belly and stretchmarks but I feel curvy, my ankles are tiny, my belly isn't flat but is smaller than a lot of peoples and my thighs are not fat. I looked and apart from my occasional pregnancy rash face (it comes and goes, will settle down in a few weeks), I felt really beautiful, bodywise. It's all thanks to Ellie.

I've got a couple of my fave pics of her and one of my section wound so you can see what an amazing job the doctor did. Please forgive the couple of stray hairs, that baby is not getting waxed for a while yet!



The top photo is so beautiful, Ellie without her wires. I love the bottom one but the top one is hung above our fire place. I just want to frame them all! We are getting a few frames and getting a big canvas done for above the fire eventually.

I also had a letter today from the Dr who delivered me, stating surgery was uncomplicated but in any future pregnancies, I will require consultant led care with early referral to the fetal med unit and I am suitable for vaginal delivery if there are no other complications.

1 comment:

  1. you are beautiful....battle scars and all....and so is ellie <3

    ReplyDelete