Tuesday 15 February 2011

Perfect in life, famous in death

Wow, Ellie really is causing a stir (as she always did haha, gets that from me!). The photographers are coming out from our local paper, The Evening Chronicle, today to do a piece about her and hopefully raise money for tiny lives. We also have our first definitive event set up by my friend Chloe, A Night for Ellie, at Shearer's bar in town on April 29th (Royal wedding, I think? Or thereabouts). Debra Stephenson also retweeted us (from corrie), celebrity juice tv show (go Keith Lemon, you beaut), metro radio news, Blyth Spartans football club and loads of others including Katie Piper, the lovely young model who was attacked with acid in her face and suffered some horrible burns, and PC David Rathband, who was shot by Raoul Moat last year. Cannot believe what a star Ellie is! We are so proud and we are nearly at £1000 already!

Of course, the funeral is 2 days away and it will be, without a doubt, the worst day of our lives, when we have to let Ellie go (although she will never really be gone, she is still with us). The pain is agonising but she is helping so many people.

I will also be setting up my P.S I love you project on this blog, inspired by Cecilia Aherne where I am going to set myself goals to get through my first year without Ellie. It's a way of saying to Ellie, I'm living life for you and I won't waste life when you couldn't have it.

2 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me cry but they also inspire me which is truly a gift in itself x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi! How come I have ony just stumbled across your blog, I didn't know you had one til about an hour and a half ago, when I found it and have sat glued to my seat crying through your whole journey, but then being in absolute awe of you and Lee.

    You're so amazingly strong, so focused on allowing Ellie to help others and a true inspiration to everyone.

    You have a way with words, your speech for Ellie is perfect, she will be so proud of you.

    Sending my love,

    Gem
    xxx

    ReplyDelete