Thursday 17 February 2011

The send off

It could have been the worst day ever but actually, Ellie phad a gorgeous send off. It was terribly hard but I have to say, 'crocodile rock' at the end was a really good choice, even Lee and I laughed. At the end there was a collection box for tiny lives and we also received cards...£187 in the donations box, £180 in cards plus £40 in online donations today alone!!! This is before any events have taken place! Her little White coffin was beautiful. We get Ellie home tomorrow and the flowers that we bought for her. We went to the sports and social club afterwards and that was great, seeing everybody. The turn out was amazing. My friend Jen and her boyfriend, Robert, had named a star after Ellie as a present for us and gave us the set, with the certificate and location and things, which was lovely. I also have a locket that my dad and Sam had got me last week to put pictures in.

Ellie's story was also in the chronicle today but it had a picture of us, not Ellie. I would have been better with Ellie, she is better looking than us two! A couple of minor details were wrong but the story was good and it has the just giving website at the end, as well as mentioning 'a night for Ellie'.

I have also seen a preview of the hairband that Bonny's friend, Amanda Hilliard, is making called 'Ellie adds love' tp raise money for the charity and it is lovely! I can't believe Ellie's influence!

So all in all, a really hard sad day, but also a happy positive one

Update: at the end of today we have made £595 in donations alone, just today!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the article's on the website. Shame, I would have liked to read it.

    ReplyDelete