Wednesday 9 February 2011

My inspiration in life

Is my child. Ellie has raised £143 for tiny lives at the RVI through my friends in less than 24 hours. I am so touched by people's generosity and overwhelmed that my daughter has moved people so much. The daughter Lee and I created. In case anybody else would like to donate, the link is:
http://www.justgiving.com/Naomi-Warburton

The money goes to giving the SCBU/NICU cutting edge technology, research and so parent's like us can have momentos and memory boxes not funded by the NHS, as well as parent's/family rooms with magazines, TVs, even silly things like cuddly kangaroos for the babies. We received Ellie's clay hand and foot imprints today that the nurses had taken the time to do for us overnight, as well as taking more hair. Nothing is too much for them so in this way, we can give back to them what they gave to us. Time and love with our special little creation.

We had a bereavement appointment today to sort out registering birth/death and getting the funeral underway. It was hard but because it is 'factual' stuff, not as hard as looking at pictures and things, which is so happy too.  We had to laugh in ASDA as we knew Ellie was there. First of all, there was a massive display of Bambi dvds, and as many of you know, she was our bambi. Then as we left the shop, this guy was collecting for cancer....kidney cancer! We chatted with him and donated money, we knew she was telling us too. The poor woman on the photo desk was congratulating us when we picked our pictures up and we were pleased because we are so proud of her. Then she asked how old she was and the knife in my heart twisted as I panicked. I was about to say 4 days old when Lee said 'Unfortunately, she passed away'. The woman looked so upset so I begged her to not feel bad, she wasn't to know, she was really ill. I hope that woman is OK, it was lovely to be congratulated like that.

My dad and Sam came over, brought some lovely flowers and we gave them their clay imprint and some more photos. My dad, I hope he doesn't feel guilty he didn't get back to see her. I told Ellie that he tried so hard, and we all know Ellie couldn't wait any more to come into the world. I know it will be hard to know that he never saw her, but she knows from us that she was loved by him and Sam and we don't want him to feel bad for that. My heart aches that they didn't hold her, but they can see how beautiful she was and they know she was in good hands and how much she is helping others now.

I am still sore but I recovered well from the section. The midwives said they had never seen so much walking in less than 24 hours of a section. I have a lot of lady cramping which is my uterus going back to normal. I was worried before Ellie of having an ugly scar. Now I wear it with pride. My little chunk mama came out of there.

We are getting on her plaque 'Stay kissy-licious, Bambi'. I love her so much, I keep bursting into tears when I remember how her lips feel but knowing she is helping people gets me through.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Ellie's story. I feel honoured that I got to read it. She truly is an inspiration - as are you. I know she's proud of you.

    ReplyDelete