Thursday 24 February 2011

Ding dong the wedding bells are ringing

That's right, I am getting married on the 2nd of September and weirdly enough (I didn't even give it a thought), that is Ellie's 12 week scan date. How freaky is that? Like it was meant to be! I picked my wedding dress this morning and one bridesmaid dress but need to sort it in a few weeks. Didn't want to try anything on because the dresses are a bit heavy and I am still healing so will return later. We went to Shields and sorted Lee's decree absolute and also to silverlink where I basically got all of my holiday clothes bar a couple of dresses and my swimming costume.

Had to go to the doctors yesterday for a suspected DVT (suspected by me that is lol. I really should have discussed how serious my anxiety is but will wait for Dr Shiel to return from holiday). Turns out the fluid from my section seems to be favouring one side. The bleeding is much less now too.

We went to Rosalie's last night for chinese and drinks. It was a really good night. Poor Lee was the designated driver though.

I am meeting up with Gail and Rachael on Tuesday I think, which should be nice. One friend I really want to say thank you to though is Claire. I haven't seen you for a few weeks but I have really appreciated your support. And the opportunity to do my D.I.Y C-section on you....I will be there tomorrow!

I am really sad that Ellie won't be there on my wedding day. I know she would have been beautiful in a little teal and cream dress. I feel guilty for picking out new clothes for a holiday and sorting this wedding out. It's not so much excitement as survival really.  The sun is a lot duller without Ellie in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment