Friday 24 August 2012

31 days!

Can't believe that is all that's left! Theo's birthday has been set at 25th of September unless he comes earlier. I think it's an afternoon section though so the only people that will see Theo on that day are our parents (as I don't want people to see me with a catheter and things. It's a personal preference for my own dignity so people can wait until 3pm the next day I'm sure). Not to mention with 3 sets of parents, only 2 visitors at a time and an hour slot, it will be a bit overwhelming for us so that's our plan. Then everyone else can come the wednesday.

In the meantime, with 1/5 of his head engaged, my birthing ball is here so I'm going to bounce all day every day to try and get him further down and out naturally since it is better for us. With the section, I did check to have it earlier but it would require steroid shots as with elective sections at 37 weeks, 1 in 5 babies have breathing issues, 1 in 10 at 38 weeks and only 1 in 20 at 39 weeks so 39 and a half is the best option for us.

Theo is sitting at 5.3lb so I'm hoping in 4 weeks to get him to at least his sister's weight of 6lb 10oz. We got to watch him practice his breathing today on the scan, it was lovely. It was great having Lee there as he has missed a lot of scans with work and he will miss the final one in 3 weeks.

So, here's to counting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment