Thursday 27 September 2012

Happy 2 weeks Theo!

Can't believe how quick it has gone and by rights, Theo should only be 2 days old today :)

He is fully legitimate now with birth certificate lol. I'm totally on top of all the paperwork for child benefit and tax credits and things, I'm tidying my house a bit (I can't really hoover, iron, or stand for long periods yet), I'm off to breast feeding support today to meet other mums, I've expressed 120 ml this morning for tonight (I'm a milk machine, let it be known) and I've been granted £1390 for my tuition this year, meaning I have to pay a whole £10! Of course, those 90 credits in February are going to be hardcore but since Theo will be 6 months and weaning and things, it should be OK with Lee and our parents around and my siblings too, to help.

The only real adjustment with being a parent is we probably aren't used to being so selfless all the time, but nobody would be. For example, I read when Theo wants cuddled or is feeding etc but it's the act of if he is in bed crying, immediately giving up what you are doing to go to him. Neither of us resent it a tiny bit, it's just getting used to it because we've never done it before. Also, we are used to having each other to ourselves all the time and now we get a few quick cuddles here and there but that's OK because we are making the effort with each other and that will settle down soon enough. I find it a bit harder but only because I am hormonal and will be for potentially up to a year. Pregnancy really does take it's toll.

Theo was 6 lb 6 oz the other day so he hasn't lost too much birth weight and my weight is flying off. I have had minor anxiety going on, especially for Theo but since he is alert, feeding well, a good colour and having loads of wet nappies, it's easing up. I just wish with being breast fed, he would have more dirty nappies as they are supposed to be 2-5 times a day and he is going 1-2 times every other day. I'll give it a few days and check in with the health visitor at next weeks clinic. I may mention it at breast feeding group today. It's probably nothing more than he is taking in all the nutrition with being little as my milk is the best but I always like to check.

I fully appreciate Lee and I are lucky at how easy Theo is being. Some nights, when he is gassy, he can be bad but even  then, not horrendous like some babies, especially breast-fed. I can't help feeling Ellie is helping us a lot. I really miss her now more than ever because she should be fawning over her baby brother but I think she snuggles in his moses basket with him most nights, except when she goes to play on the park. I love that he looks like her and I thank her all the time for sending him.

Love you Ellie, always. You'll always be mummy's first baby who gave my belly a smile :)

1 comment:

  1. He's amazing! I'm glad I got to meet him while he's still little. xx

    ReplyDelete