Monday 17 September 2012

Be careful what you wish for

Unless it's the safe and early arrival of a little gruffalo :D

Theo came into the world on September 13th at 1.53pm and it was all a bit of a shock! As it pans out, my waters had broken before I realised so the risk of infection was high. My c-section was done that day, and for all the shock, it was very calm and collected. I needed a steroid shot just in case Theo's lungs weren't ready but when he came out, he squawked non-stop! He had to be monitored for 48 hours in case of infection and he is a bit jaundiced. The hospital was great but being in 3.5 days was too much. I was stir crazy, just wanted to be able to look after Theo without being told when to pick him up and be comfortable. I'm recovering well but having lots of dizzy spells as I am slightly dehydrated, borderline anaemic and wouldn't eat hospital food. I also got a bit of a bad belly in hospital which didn't help the dehydration and breastfeeding takes it out of you.

Everyone is besotted, most of all Lee and I. There  just aren't words. There is nothing I wouldn't have done for my Ellie-belly but it's so different and she has sent him looking like her, which we love. It's been hard missing her and loving him so much, I've felt guilty but she is always my first baby and I can't wait to tell Theo all about her.

Theo is feeding so well, the midwife thinks we are naturals together :) He is such an easy going baby. Even at 6lb 8oz, he is tiny, premature size but I love that. He isn't too small but he is just so petite and cute, none of us ever want to put him down. My family and friends have been phenomenal, doing my housework, cooking, etc and Lee is great too. Since having Theo, Lee is the worrier believe it or not but he's more settled today.

We are so happy we could die!

No comments:

Post a Comment