Thursday 19 July 2012

75% baked

30 weeks on Sunday. Wow! Then it will be 7-9 1/2 weeks left. Bit of a scary thought.

I have to say, while I never take any day for granted and I count kicks religiously and even semi-enjoy pregnancy, I am glad to be near the end. I am constantly tired and getting out of bed all the time for the toilet is just plain annoying. I'm really scared for birth and just want it out of the way.

I'm scared for Theo being here too. When friend's have been into the pub with their new babies, it makes it super exciting but I'm terrified, knowing how fragile life really is. Having worked with sick kids really doesn't help. I'm taking it one day at a time but it is overwhelming. I know Ellie is protecting us all and making things good but my faith was really shaken last year and it's hard to get that confidence back.

However, Dr McKenzie has given us the go-ahead for a sweep at 37 weeks. We are actually allowed to go past our dates but to be honest, Lee and I don't want to. If I get to 41 weeks and haven't gone into labour, it would still be a C-Section as induction is more dangerous after a previous section so I'd rather have him here sooner, safe and sound.

So, fingers crossed for 7 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment