Monday 2 July 2012

Hello 10 week countdown!


Can't believe this little lad! How content is he?! It's funny, on some pictures, he is Lee's image and on a couple of others, he doesn't look like me but instead, like my brother Joel. This is a Joel pic below:
I don't care who he looks like, as long as he kicks lots and keeps growing well. He was sitting at 2.2lbs the other day and about 3 days smaller than gestational age but scanning and sizes are very subjective arts so not totally accurate. I have a scan a week on Thursday so it will be interesting to see. When I checked the centile charts, if he followed them without picking up growth speed, by the time he is born at 39 weeks, we could be looking at 6lb 8 oz which to be honest, is a really nice size. Anywhere between 6 and a half pounds and 8 and a half is more than fine with me.

And of course, we are here  in 3rd trimester, which is the tri of incredibly mixed feelings. It's the weeks where I worry more but we also get more excited. At minimum, its a 10 week wait til term and if he doesn't come out til a planned section, at most, 12 and a half weeks so not long at all. Three months will fly by. I am starting to struggle with sleep at night and things and it's really difficult bending over but I'm managing. It's much easier now that everything is nearly sorted for Theo being here. I'm going to start thinking about packing hospital bags and birth plans and things this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment