Saturday 25 February 2012

Velocity

Can't believe how fast time is passing. I am 9 weeks today! My scan is a week on Monday and I am terrified because I know the CVS is then coming and even worse, the results. It's horrible, so ethnic you can't understand unless you are going through or have been through it. It's torture.

I've been feeling really low lately but I've decided this pregnancy, if all is well, I'm not going to try and please everybody else. Why should I? You know, I am always expected to say 'congrats on the new job' or 'well done' on good news to my siblings. I have given them lifts when they have needed them, fought their cases when my parents were unreasonable. And what do I get in return? Nothing, never the same decency. My brothers totally ignored my daughter's birthday and angelversary and my sister think she has a right to tell me how I should feel and cope with this pregnancy when she barely bothers with us and my mum always gives me the grief except, they are the ones who only care about themselves.

I have cried about it but Lee tells me why bother. They aren't worth it. Let's face it, they won't bother about this baby and in actual fact, I don't want them there when he/she is born because if they can't take the rough, they certainly aren't going to be part of the smooth and get to spend time with a baby that at this point they aren't bothered about. And when I get grief for it this time, I won't care, because they brought this on themselves. This baby deserves better than half-arsed.

1 comment:

  1. This baby won't need anything when it has you and Lee as it's wonderful parents. I'm sorry I haven't been able to offer much support lately, mostly as my family and I have been having a really tough time lately but partly also as I'm scared to say the wrong thing. I'm always here for you, I just wish I could 'fix' things. You're allowed to feel any way you want and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You, Lee, Ellie & baby have been constantly in my thoughts, I just wish I had a magic wand to make everything all ok again. Sending lots of love and hoping so so so much that your CVS give you a good result, you're both going to be fantastic parents and this baby is going to be so loved xxx

    ReplyDelete