Monday 6 February 2012

Scanned

My baby is alive, which was lovely to see first thing this morning. Give or take 5 days I am 5 weeks and 6 days burst this stage it is not very accurate. Only one baby that they can see, phew!

If course, Lee is foaming now because we had our happiness ruined by a 'supportive' family member who thinks they have a clue about this pregnancy. I know everybody feels loss for Ellie. However, this is our baby, nobody else's and if we want to tell people about it, it is our choice. We are happy but realistic and we wanted it out in the open for support because I felt under a lot of pressure and wasn't coping very well. Well apparently that is how it should be or I have to rely on family and close friend's. Family that never bother wi me unless it suits them or think a text is adequate. Family who judge us for our choices in a pregnancy that they know nothing about.

So I apologise for not keeping this baby a dirty little secret in case it is unhealthy. Incidentally, if I couldn't have the CVS, like my friend Nancy and had to do it by scan, people would have noticed at 13 or 14 weeks. I apologise for getting support from people other than family, since you know, they actually bother with me.

No worries. I'm sure said family will be excited and wanting to be round all the time when this baby is healthy and born. Except then, it will be too late and they will wish they hadn't made a judgement when they don't have a clue how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment