Monday 3 December 2012

Happy quarter of a year!

In 3 days, Theo will be 12 weeks old! He is just so funny. He loves it when I sing 'Girl on fire' by Alicia Keys but I sing 'Theo on fire' lol. He loves TV (already!), story time (won't stop smiling), being naked, boobs (feeding machine), the swimming pool, his vibrating chair and snuggles. We took him swimming today and he had a lot of fun.

It's getting exciting now we are nearly at our first Xmas with the little man. I find it overwhelming this time last year, I was dreading Xmas. It was OK but I missed Ellie so much. Now, I miss Ellie just as much but Theo has made the world technicolour again and it is exciting. If you had told me last Xmas, by next year you will have a beautiful 3 month old, I would have laughed and said 'no chance'. Theo has already had his first visit to Santa at Daddy's work this week.

Last night, Theo slept nearly all the way through the night, I was panicking! He is still predominantly breastfed and we both love it, though I've struggled with pain, and we've both had thrush on and off which is painful too. I'll be really sad when he doesn't feed from me anymore. He's already showing signs of being really intelligent. Everyone comments on how content and smiley he is and now, how much he chats away. He is a little talking machine haha. Last clinic, he weighed 10lb 11oz so I think he will be over 11lb this Friday when my health visitor comes out. We've even done baby massage. There's loads of stuff  to do with him but we are going to spend a lot more time at home over winter as this whooping cough epidemic is a real worry. His second vaccinations will be on the 12th Dec.

In other news, I passed my first module of my degree in genetics. I have 3 new modules starting Feb, so will get the materials next month. Exciting but a lot of work! And of course, it will be coming up to Ellie's 2nd birthday :(. I can't wait to tell Theo all about her though.

My friend, Emma, who also lost her daughter last year (we grew up together) has just had her rainbow baby girl, Pearl, on Nov 29th :D so happy for her and they are both doing well. It's like a new chapter for both of us.

Anyway, here are some photos of the dude.







No comments:

Post a Comment