Thursday 20 December 2012

And the bells were ringing out for Christmas day


Yay, Theo's first Xmas is next week. He has been given presents from loads of people already, they are waiting under the tree! :) I've been singing him lots of Xmas songs which he loves. His little character gets better every day and it's a joy to watch. He loves playing games with his dad and chatting away to him but he's likes my singing better (haha) and when he wants snuggles he looks for his mummy a bit more, especially at night. He loves gallivanting to family's houses too, the little flirt and I can see him really starting to take to his godparents to be, Mel and Marion (don't worry Bev, he will be getting to know you soon and I tell him all about you). The fact that he is already trying to sit up as well is impressive. It will take him a while yet but he's giving it a good go!

Theo is at his Grandad Andy and Grandma Sam's today so I'm just wrapping, tidying, playing piano and chilling out. It is a really horrible day. I'm not feeling so festive this year but I think that will change as he gets bigger and we do more Xmassy things. I know Xmas will be great, we are going to my mum's for dinner and we will be stopping in at my Dad's house as he is home this year. Lee is at work boxing day which isn't great but he gets paid a lot for it so Theo and I will just be going back to my mum's house for the day before we go to my aunty Christine's usual boxing day party. I'm not really planning much for NYE or NY day, they aren't such a big deal to me. I'm sure Lee might go out New Year's day again and I might go for a couple but I just feel like I end up missing out on time with Theo, which is much better than alcohol. I'm bad enough when he goes to family's houses, even though it's nice to have a break and they all want to spend time with him too.

I'm still struggling a bit with Xmas and Ellie not being here but Theo is the best cure for it and we've been talking about her lots while we watch Xmas dvds. I know she will be happy to see how happy he is. For how worried we were about the reality of having a baby, I think Lee and I are doing a pretty good job and hopefully we will get better next year too. It's definately one of my resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment