Thursday 15 March 2012

A new life

Today brought the amazing news that our little BOY is healthy, not even a carrier. I was already besotted with baby but now we are on cloud 9. All of our prayers and messages to both God and Ellie came true. The chromosome count was perfect too so no downs syndrome etc. We will get the full report in a fortnight.

I'm excited in a way I never was last time and though I won't relax til Theo is here, it's like the weight of the world has been lifted.

For all the joy, we are still desperately sad that Ellie isn't here and I hope she never thinks I am replacing her. I think about her all the time especially how she timed this baby through her birthday, then my CVS on her due date to finding out today, just before mothers day. She is my first, my little fairy and I will talk about her til the day I die but now she has given me a reason to smile and to want to 'move on' and live. I will never stop grieving and Theo will know all about her but this is a new start with our little piglet :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to express my excitement for you here as well. So, so happy for you both. If anyone deserves it, it's you two.
    Obviously you will never forget Ellie. She'll always be your first born. But Theo is special too, and of course you should be happy :-)

    ReplyDelete