Wednesday 21 March 2012

Baking babies is exhausting

I could just sleep all day long! I have just practiced my flute for next weeks exams and I feel like I've ran a marathon!

I saw Theo on Monday for the first time since the CVS. By the time I see him next week I will have seen him every week for a month and this week he looked so much bigger! He was camera shy, turned over as soon as the sonographer started but he did have a few jump abouts.

We've started buying a few bits and bobs. He certainly isn't going to run out of newborn or 0-3 size clothes, we have lots already! I've started buying 3-6. You can never be too prepared with a baby and with toiletries, Lee and I use baby products too so nothing will get wasted.

The big decision is the VBAC vs repeat C-section debate. I can't be induced because after a section, induction increases your risk of uterine rupture x 12 which is about 5% I think. Hospitals, naturally aren't keen to do it. I feel a bit like people are pressuring me into a natural birth which isn't fair really because I have to do what is right for Theo and I and I don't think waiting til 42 weeks if he takes that long is the right thing to do. If I labour then need a section it comes with more complications and a lot of VBACs end in section anyway. However, I have made a compromise decision to myself. I am booking for a section but if Theo comes before the 39 weeks, I will try and do it naturally. I can't warrant going past the 39 weeks as it isn't always safe and 39 weeks is the best time for an elective section. The good news is, speaking the my PKD mums, pretty much all their healthy children came at term, rather than premmie, as many PKD babies do so my belief for Ellie's early entrance seems to be well founded.

Lee did a 20 mile bike ride Saturday past for charity and did really well. Now we are preparing for our fancy dress night but are doing some things during the day too. No wonder I am tired!

Mothers day was lovely by the way :)

1 comment:

  1. You've got to do whatever you feel comfortable doing, the decision is yours not anyone else's. Just do whatever you need to do and don't worry what anyone else thinks, it's your body at the end of the day xx

    ReplyDelete